April #MysteryDish Reveal Day is here! If you haven’t been keeping up with this wonderful series of recipe challenges, a group of talented bloggers have come together and are challenging each other to create recipes from a list of special ingredients each month. Here are a few of past month’s posts and recipes: Gooey Oatmeal Cranberry Bars, Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice and Cinnamon Apple Napoleons
This month Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy was our wonderful host and she gave us a great list of ingredients! Check out her blog for the full list. I decided to use eggs, bread, and ground turkey for my #MysteryDish : Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole
I’ve actually been wanting to share this recipe with you all for awhile now.
I’m a HUGE breakfast fan…definitely a breakfast for dinner type of person
I love all things breakfast and would make that, and only that for every meal if given the choice.
There is so much variety with breakfast. You can go light or rich, sweet or savory, or just lots of butter and syrup
This casserole has to be one of my favorites breakfast recipes. My mom made it ALL the time growing up and I make it all the time for my family and almost any baby/bridal shower brunch.
It’s hearty and flavorful and packed with all the good stuff.
I typically make it with normal pork breakfast sausage but with the mystery ingredient ground turkey, I changed it up and got ground turkey sausage instead. It was SO good! You don’t miss out on any flavor and because the ground turkey is so lean it creates little, to no fat when browned, so you could almost pass this off as “skinny” if it wasn’t for the other yummy goodness
Are you “breakfast for dinner” type of person, or does that freak you out and breakfast should only be for breakfast time??
**Check out this recipe BELOW**
Don’t forget to check out all of the amazing recipes created this month by this team of bloggers below! They will really knock your socks off with al the amazing dishes they made:
1. Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake by Culinary Couture
2. Pineapple Cashew Quinoa “Fried Rice” by Blahnik Baker
3. Chili Lime Popcorn by The Pajama Chef
4. Cilantro Lime Hummus by The Weary Chef
5. Gluten Free White Bean Brownies by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Homemade Popcorn with Cilantro Lime Butter by The Well Floured Kitchen
7. Tex-Mex Chickpea Salad by Joyful Healthy Eats
8. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomato by Chez Catey Lou
9. Key Lime Pie Popcorn by I Dig Pinterest
10. Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole by I Want Crazy
11. Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito by Baking a Moment
12. Pretzel Caramel Crunch by The Dessert Chronicles